April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween

Well, Happy Halloween everyone! A few days late anyway...

As usual, please forgive my blur of the kids faces, but I have to show off the costumes as usual. The funny thing about this year is that L was determined to be Big Bird. Again. We always let our kids decide what they want to be (with a little direction of course), so we allowed her to wear the favorite costume again. Totally cute as usual, and since we are in a new area, there was no way that anyone would know that it was a second year in a row costume. She also told me exactly what shapes she wanted her pumpkin to have on his face. I thought the square nose especially cool.
M on the other hand, wanted to be Superman. With some "gentle" prodding from me, she changed her mind enough to be Supergirl instead. I was a little afraid of letting my 6 year old be a man at school, I just think it would invite teasing. With her pumpkin, I had her draw the face she wanted on a piece of paper, then she helped me transfer it onto her pumpkin. I especially liked the three eyes, they are very scary.

I have to admit that I am quite proud of M's costume this year. I bought a pink dance outfit, then made the Supergirl insignia and I even made the cape! The pink that you see is actually the inside lining and the outside is a deep Burgundy. She still talks about how cool the cape was, and I must agree with her there... The first thing I have ever made from start to finish on my very own!

L totally out trick or treated M this year. She ran up to each door as fast as she could. They fought over who's turn it was to knock, but they would both yell the magic words together. At one house in particular, L said it was her turn to knock, but M had beaten her to it. The howl that came from L was scary enough to wake the dead! We kept asking the girls if they had enough of trick or treating, and always the answer was "NO!" Eventually, we cut off the candy flow and took them home. L took about five steps into the house and crumpled to the floor, fast asleep. Her bed was just too far to find. Poor Big Bird!


Posted by April_Mommy :: 10:39 AM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------