April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Secret Santa Adoptions

It is really no secret that we are struggling a bit financially this year. My husband and I are in the process of interviewing for a new job, so this problem will hopefully be rectified soon. We haven't really told too many people in the neighborhood, but someone must have found out. I have a few friends who really care about us, however the interesting part, is that I have no idea who they are. I have an idea, but they are choosing to remain anonymous.

For the past three days, we have found various packages wrapped up in bright Christmas paper and placed lovingly in a plastic sack (for protection from the elements). Each package is labeled either "to M, from Santa" or "To L, from Santa". My girls will have presents under the tree! Each time we find packages, the handwriting on them is very different, and new wrapping styles are used. Therefore, I know that more than one family this year has adopted us.

I love this town! It will be bitter sweet to leave it if we get a better job. I know in my heart that it is time to move on, but we have really come to call this little place home. I truly feel loved.

Posted by April_Mommy :: 11:27 AM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------