April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Trek 2006 Pictures

I tried and tried for the past few days, yet blogger has refused to allow me to post the pictures that I wanted to. This will be yet another attempt to get the pictures up.


This one, is by far my favorite. The girls tried on some old cowboy hats that were left behind by someone, and then decided that climbing up on the rail fence sounded like fun. They sat like this for about 15 minutes, which is a really long time for them! Just beyond them on the left is the handcarts used by the trekers. In the distance is an old "shearing shed" which was used to sheer the sheep for the summer months. It is no longer in use, but I thought that this picture was just the best!


As most of you know, my daughters love flowers. The meadow's provided ample opportunities to pick flower upon flower. The girls invented a new pretend game, called M and L's flower farm. When grandma walked up and asked what they were doing, M flung her arms around her and said "Oh, Grandma! Welcome to M and L's flower farm!" So cute!


This was our handcart for the trek. Daddy and Grandpa decided to give the girls a short ride in the cart, not usually permitted, but we allowed it just this once. L was pretty nervous so Grandma walked behind and held her hand. The night before, we loaded up all of our things and pulled the cart along the track. We stopped and our guides (grandma and grandpa) told us some pioneer stories. I think that my favorite moment was later on around the camp fire, M asked Grandma if she would tell us more stories... Then L asked for one with a "L pioneer girl" in it. I don't think that she understood that the stories we were telling were all true...

There are more stories and pictures of our adventure, that will hopefully be coming in the future... For now, blogger has decided that I have posted enough. Sometimes I get so frustrated with it! Ah well, at least our adventure was a fantastic success, and our kids are still talking about what Grandma and Grandpa are doing out there in the wilderness.


Posted by April_Mommy :: 10:02 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------