April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Day

Yesterday was M's first day of kindergarten! I welled up a little and thought I might cry, but I avoided the classic parental blunder. I did however, take a camera with me and snap a dozen or so pictures.

When I returned to the school to pick her up, she scowled at me and asked, "Mommy, why didn't you let me stay longer?!" followed closely by "Did I miss cyberchase?" (*her favorite PBS kids show). I had to inform her that yes she did in fact miss her show, but that it would be on again in the late afternoon. I was a little sad that there was not even a "Hi Mom," or "I missed you so much mommy", or best yet "Don't make me go again because I want to stay home with you forever because I love you so much and can't stand to be away!" harrumph.

This morning was her first time to get on the school bus. I hope that all goes well and that she can find her classroom again by herself. I am discovering that I am a worrier. Did I prepare her enough to go off on her own like this? Did I baby her too much so she depends on me? Umm, somehow I think the answer is no. After all, I didn't let her stay there long enough yesterday now did I?

Posted by April_Mommy :: 8:35 AM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------