April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Thoughtful Gifts

Typically I have no idea about what my husband is getting me for Christmas. He can usually be very secretive about everything and misleads me at every turn. This year however, he was giddy with excitement. He kept telling me how he couldn't wait for Christmas day because he knew that I would love the gift he purchased for me.

The fateful morning arrived, and I finally opened the item. It was an XM satellite radio. I can now listen to anything I want, any time I want, with no commercials to interrupt my listening pleasure. Can I just say that I absolutely love it?! He is keenly aware of my love for music, we share it in fact. He is always thoughtful in the gifts he gives to me.

On to another gift of mine. My parents visited us for Thanksgiving and my Mom helped me clean up the house a bit for the holiday dinner. She turned on my vacuum and was given quite a shock. You see, mine is one that has been passed from family to family starting back about 12 years ago. It still works, I would defend, not to mention, I couldn't really afford another, so I made due with what I had. Mom purchased a vacuum for me as my Christmas gift! She apologized that it wasn't very personal, yet I was jumping up and down inside with excitement.

Which gift was better? One that was fun or the one that was practical? Let's just say, I have spent the morning cleaning my house enough so I could use my new vacuum, all while listening to the Broadway channel on my XM Radio. The time flew by, my house is cleaner than it has been in months, and I had FUN while doing it! This is an unusual occurrence for me. Typically, when I clean my house, time drags by and I have a bad attitude... Not to mention I would wear out the knees in my jeans because I spent so much time on hands and knees picking up all the loose items (cheerio's, popcorn seeds etc.) that my vacuum wouldn't suck up. I am in heaven. Both gifts were extremely thoughtful, and both bring me great joy...

Posted by April_Mommy :: 11:28 AM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------