April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A little bit of frazzle

My little sister had her very first baby. It is a huge deal for all of us in the family, we have been waiting for this little one for quite some time. Anyway, in our church we give them a "blessing" which is quite a personal time, but we always welcome all of our friends and family to attend. So, the blessing date was this past Sunday, and of course we all had to be there!

One problem though, I had a concert to play in on Friday night, so the soonest we could leave was Saturday morning. The galloping goose can't be trusted on a drive like that anymore, so we went to rent a vehicle. It added about 45 minutes to our trip, quite worth it if you ask me, to get this car. However, when we arrived at the rental agency, they informed us that the car they had reserved for us had not shown up, it was a day late already. Ugh. We sat there for another 45 minutes while they tried to find us another vehicle. Their lot was totally empty. Eventually they found us a mini-van. So, we rented the van at the compact car rate and they even threw in a tank of gas because they felt so horrible about the incident. Aside from leaving two hours later than we wanted from the city, we were pretty happy. It ended up getting about 25 miles to the gallon so we were alright with the switch.

After leaving the rental agency, we drove all the way to Salt Lake. My parents still live there, and we stopped in with them for the evening. It had taken us about 5 hours to get there. The next day we rose early, drove another 5 hours to my sisters house. We arrived just in time for the blessing, then turned around and drove the 5 hours back to my parents house. Monday, we needed a little bit of fun, so SH, myself, and the kids went to a movie. Following that, we drove home... Straight home. It took us about 5 hours again. By the time I climbed into my bed on Monday night, I was frazzled and extremely tired. Was that the end? Never! Tuesday morning I had to drive back to St. George (1 1/2 hours away) to return the van. Bleh! Another three hour round trip!

I think I could stay in this house for a week and be happy. But of course I had violin lessons to teach, a house that looks like a tornado hit it, oh and I also missed the fungus dog's appointment with the vet on Tuesday. There is more to do than I could accomplish in a week if I worked 8 hours a day. I feel like I need a vacation from my trip.
________________
Oh and one more note on the weekend. Our renters in Idaho have moved out, the house is vacant and therefore we have to cover the entire mortgage on our own. In December. I knew that if we didn't find renters, I had to decide if I would rather go to the blessing or go home for Christmas. I am still hoping that we find renters soon, but every day that goes by without word from the property managers creates the more likelihood that I won't be going anywhere for the holiday. Am I sad about this? Yes. Do I regret going to my sisters this weekend? Never. It was worth it just to have her know that I made the effort just for her. One of those moments that she will remember. Every one of her siblings was there, no matter how far we all had to come. We gathered around one that we love, and that my friends is truly priceless.

Posted by April_Mommy :: 9:42 AM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------