April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Karoake Anyone?

My daughters love to play with my computer. They seem to be able to sense when I forget to lock the door to the office. I sometimes allow M to use the paint programs on my computer, and both girls have a few learning games that they love to play. My office has become the ultimate fun place to be. Usually this isn't a problem, but last night one of the most random and strange things happened to my computer.

M had been in the office earlier playing A game. I returned later and began to work on my computer, playing some music while doing it. I noticed something strange... Dido suddenly sounded like a high tenor. I changed the song to Evanescense and started to giggle. Amy Lee sounded like a man pretending to sing like a woman, if you get my meaning. Then I tried Josh Groban, ahh now he just sounded plain evil. My husband and I laughed, then started to wonder what the little mischief queen had done to my computer.

After quite some time, we still had not figured out what she had done. My husband and I were contemplating quitting for the evening when he found something interesting. He went into the control panel, clicked on the "Multi Channel Sound Manager" icon. Within this innocent looking program, there is a pretty little button to click. It was called Karoake, and it gave you the option to lower or raise the pitch and key of any song played on the computer to one more suited to your singing voice. I have to admit that once we figured out what she had done, we laughed even harder and experimented with our favorite songs and changing things to see what they would sound like.

I have come to one conclusion however, my daughters are either computer geniuses, or they are just lucky in the random clicks of my mouse. They find menu's that I didn't know existed, they create havoc where there should be none, and most of all they find ways to do things with this computer that I didn't even know could be done. Needless to say, I have now created a user menu for my computer which is password protected. They will have access to only the programs that I choose, but then knowing these two, they will find a random way past my passwords...

Posted by April_Mommy :: 1:33 PM :: 9 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------