April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Monday, January 30, 2006

The New Vacuum

I was given a new vacuum for Christmas. I even posted about it once before today, saying how much I loved the silly thing. It sucks dirt out of my carpets that I didn't even know was there. It finds every fiber of dog hair and traps it in the lovely bagless container. That was until tonight.

My five year old daughter was supposed to be napping this afternoon. She wasn't. In fact, she had snuck out into the Kitchen and nabbed the oh so large plastic container of Garlic Powder. Of course, being ever so prone to mischief, she had to dump the entire thing out on the carpet and her bed. Yes, she got in trouble for this, but I don't need to go into that part of the story. The powder was not to big of a problem, not for the super vacuum!

I pulled it into her room, plugged it in, but didn't realize that I had placed it right on top of one of her miniature plastic horses. The second I turned the vacuum on, the horse was gone and all I knew was that there was suddenly a very loud Ka-Chunk sound coming from my beautiful vacuum, and a terrible smell emanating from it as well. I turned it off immediately as I realized that something was wrong. After taking out several screws, I found the offending horse, now mangled almost beyond recognition. I will be throwing it out before M sees the thing and gets upset...

"Where is my horse Mommy?""
"um, I don't know honey, maybe the monster under your bed ate it!"

Ok, so I wouldn't really say that to her, but I will be throwing it away before she finds it mangled. I am sure she won't miss it, the thing is one of about 12 or so that she has hidden all over the house. Back to the vacuum. I busted the belt and fried the motor. Ugh, I am leaving the day after tomorrow for the new job evaluation thingie with Sultry Husband and I really wanted to have a super clean house to come home to! The parts should be under warranty, but what do I tell the service center?

"So, how did the motor burn out?"
"I, uh, vacuumed up a horse."

I may just buy a new motor so I don't have to face the question. It will depend on how expensive the part is I suppose...

Posted by April_Mommy :: 10:23 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------