April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Waiting Place

When I graduated from High School, my eldest sister gave me a book. It was Dr. Seus "Oh the places you'll go". I thought it strange at the time, but this book has come to mean a great deal to me and has real truths in it for every day life. This week I have been remembering one particular part of the book more than the others.

You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

This week my Husband was told that he was the number one candidate for the job that we REALLY want. It would be for a company that he believes in, doing something worth while that would bring him joy. This company called him two days ago and stated that if his references checked out, they would extend to him an offer.

Does it really take two days to call a few people? We know that they have not called yet because our references are also friends of ours... Who agreed to call us the moment they heard anything. Now it is at the end of the work week. Friday. There is no chance that they would call us over the weekend, so we are in the Waiting Place. We can not escape it until next week at least! And here, I wanted to celebrate and start packing this weekend. *le sigh*

Can we really be expected to live in this heightened state of anticipation all weekend? I want to skip ahead to where the Boom Bands are playing.

Posted by April_Mommy :: 3:21 PM :: 7 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------