April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A life in boxes

Before he graduated from college, we put everything in boxes. We knew where we were going, to a new adventure in life. Graduation day came, then we left. My dad drove his truck while pulling a trailer rented from U-haul.

Eight months into the job that was supposed to last us a lifetime, we packed up again. Pregnant as I was, I let my husband do the heavy lifting. A new job in a new city... The adventure begins again.

The city doesn't live up to our standards and we decide to move again after a month. The job transferred us to Idaho. We have already thrown out our moving boxes. The husband must hunt and gather again. Still pregnant and gingerly packing. We don't want any unexpected surprises.

A friend has a house for rent, we move in. A nice little house, the first we have ever lived in. I really like the freedom that a house provides but this isn't my choice for type. The baby is born here. Her first bath, first ride in a swing, many firsts happen in this house.

Baby is now two months old. Our new house is waiting, but we have thrown out our boxes. Perhaps we should save them? Only a few blocks separate us from the house we have dreamed about. I can actually lift the boxes this time, but choose to let the husband take care of it.

Three years is a long time to live in one place. For us anyway. Time to move again, we think. A possible job waiting, excitement is packed into each box. A much larger moving truck will be necessary this time. Hopefully this next stop will be a long one.

Posted by April_Mommy :: 3:34 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------