April's Life Adventures


Experiences in my life that hopefully always lead to happiness. My joys, my sorrows, my kids, my world.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Inside of Me

I wrote an entire blog this afternoon in response to the confusion that Karen felt when I revealed what kind of art form I was. In ways, I agree with the computer matched assessment, yet I find myself needing to explain a few things to some. However, I deleted the entire post because it started sounding like a woe is me fest, and that is definitely not who I am.

I have memories in my past that are very depressing. If I had the choice to do it over again, I would run screaming away because no one should have to live through that twice. I was outgoing in school, as far as I wanted to be accepted and thought that this was the way to do it. I even went as far as to invent "holidays". Basically, I would tell my friends that "today is a happy day, because it is National Smile Day". Which it really wasn't, I just needed an excuse to be happy. Now, I throw parties or plan activities mostly because I have learned to laugh. I have learned that life is far to serious and we all need to lighten up and enjoy ourselves along the way. If I can bring a little joy into someone's life because I threw a party, I am more than happy to play the part of the host.

My husband and I compliment each other nicely. We each bring out the best in the other. He has dreams and aspirations to be a great and mighty writer some day. I am content to sit quietly behind him as his own personal cheering section. He will always have my encouragement. I will stand by his side, fully believing that all of his dreams for the future will come true. Would I want the level and type of success that he seeks? No. He seeks to realize his potential, nothing more and nothing less. The fame that might come from that is a result, not what he seeks. Fame may come, but success is what matters. I would rather stay home and curl up with a good book (he is my favorite author after all). The part of me that wishes to go "Unnoticed" as the picture claims, is the part of me that wishes the spotlight shine on those who need it. My husband is very talented, however I would support him even if he wasn't. That is the greatest gift that I can give, my love and friendship. If that means that I let someone else have the stage, fine with me. Although if someone needs to laugh, I will be the first one to invite them to a party.

Posted by April_Mommy :: 5:18 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------